Practical information on our license free boat rentals
Do you have any question on our license free boat rentals? Refer to our frequently asked questions list, you will find your answers here.
- Can we book ? Yes, in fact it’s advised from early July to end of August and every week end. You can only book if you are 18 or more.
- Why is it better to book in the morning ? Because we charge the boats batteries during the rides, and then, we need time to recharge them.
- Prices are advertised per boat and not per person.
- Are dogs allowed? Yes
- Do we have to pay a deposit? Yes the deposit is 200€
- If we spend more time on the boat than planned, how does it work for the payment? Payment is made once you are back from your ride, depending on the time you spent (don’t forget to account the batteries charging time) and on the boat state (be careful with the propellers, motors shocks, oars lost …).
- Can you pay by credit card or holiday vouchers ? Of course, however, we don’t accept bank checks anymore.
- Can someone with a wheelchair enjoy a ride ? Yes, until the boat, then we can help you to come aboard.
How does the rental operate
- Are children considered as adults as passengers? Only children above 12 are considered as adults.
- How much time do we need to forecast in order to visit Verdon low Gorges? 3 hours return from Quinson.
- How much time do we need to forecast in order to go around the lake? There are 9km in Verdon Gorges to add to the walk around Esparron’s lake, it is advice to book the day package (see rates)
- Can we accost or stop with a boat on the banks? Sometimes, a few sports are better than others.
- What is water temperature ? 12°C when you leave Quinson because of the proximity with the dam. On Esparron’s lake water can be around 26°C. Note that it’s forbidden to swim in Quinson and jump from rocks.
- Are there any forbidden sailing zones on the lake? No, unless mentioned otherwise.
- Where are the best picnic spots? The tip of the district, the dining room.
- Can we eat on the lake? Yes at Esparron, Saint Julien or Quinson.
- Are there any beaches with progressive descent in water? At the tip of the district or Saint Julien’s beach.
- Do we need a boat license? No.
- Do boats have rooftops? Yes canopies.
- Is it easy to sail the boats? Can anyone do it? The boats steering is possible after a light training (10minutes) administered before the boat departure (available in French and English)
- Can we keep our stroller on the boat ? Yes depending on the boat’s size.
- Can the canopies protect us is there is bad weather? No, however we won’t let you embark if the weather forecast is bad.
- Can we go for a swim from the boats? Yes, but it’s easier from the banks. You have to take into account the water temperature (gorges or lake).
- Once in the water, can we go back on board? Yes, every boat is equipped with a swimming ladder.
- Are boats equipped with storage boxes? Some of them are.
- Is there a lake map on the boats? Yes.
- Can a child steer a boat? No, you need to be at least 18 to steer a boat.
- If we come with an infant, are there any precautions we must take? Just a little of common sense, we trust you so trust us.
- Are boats equipped with life jackets? Safety equipment? Yes, life jackets of course, children are equipped by us (it’s mandatory), oars, boat hook, scoops, ropes.
- Are there any like jackets suitable for children? Yes of course.
- Is there water on the boats? No.
- When on the water, can we contact you? Yes with your cell phone, we will give you a number.
- Can we fish from the boats? What type of fish can we catch? Yes you can as long as you have a fishing license, and don’t troll: pike, trout, perch mainly..